Wednesday, 15 August 2007
Bye bye holidays
It has come to a time where I have to bid goodbye to my summer holidays. Coming next week, I would continue with my next part of my battle; my last year of university life.
Unlike the other holidays where I had been busy with internships or part-time jobs, this semester is really a long break for me. I went to Taipei with tian, han and szehui for their graduation trip, did driving etc… Other than my routine aerobics, I guess the most leisure time spent apart from slacking, tv-ing and blogging, is on ktv-ing.
In a short 3months span, I have went to ktv-ing for 5 times…supposed to be 6 times but I cancelled one of it….to be exact, the 5 times ktving was done in the last one month of summer vacation…haa, not too sure why but when one people start to ask me out, the outing seems to follow one after another…then when I was seriously clueless what should I do, my phone seems to be “relaxing” as well…
Now let me re-cap on my ktv-ing and some insights of it are as follows:
Friday’s Ladies Night at Clementi Kbox
As per the heading, this session is a all gals gang and the session last from 1930 to 0130…who says we must have guys around to sing duet…haha, not for the case if you have enthusiastic kakis who are willing to sing with you….also that night, it seems that we were mostly singing guys’ songs rather than ladies’ songs…think it is not too bad too…seems like a singing marathon to me coz it is about 6hrs long session whereas normally it is around 5 hrs session and we have only 5 people that day, where one of them had to leave earlier (around 9plus), so the rest will like singing till we like…
It is the first time that I felt that I really have no more energy to continue singing when comes to the last few songs
Suitable for: People who are not on budget as it costs around 30 bucks and not forgetting the taxi fare…a nice chill out alternative to clubbing or pubbing…might be a bit bias coz I never went to club or pub before as I don’t drink or smoke and I don’t know how to dance though I would like to learn how to…
What I like: A night of indulgence of Jacky Cheung and Gary’s songs plus some nice Cantonese songs…it is good to mix with ex-colleagues of different age groups as you can get to know more songs from each other…especially songs of other languages… I would say thumbs up their Cantonese
Afternoon students frenzy at Jurong East Kbox
As for this session, it is at the afternoon from 2pm to 7pm…fully utilized privilege as students as we have the kbox students package which cost around $16bucks each…7 of us in total, 5 venus and 2 mars…
No doubt, we had quite a few duets in this session…though most of the people there are not exactly my close friend…I would say that the session goes on pretty well…seems to remind the 1st time I went ktv with sandy they all…but that time was a bit more scary coz I only know one of them…well this time round is better as tian, my best jie mei, accompany me along…think it is one of the few times that we two will get a chance to really sit back, relax and enjoy singing as she already started working and me too, in a year time, will join her too in this big world outside….meaning the “no life”lifestyle will start…well we requested for 2 more mobile mikes so we will have up to 4people singing at a time depending on the popularity of the song, haa…
Suitable for: Schooling ktv kakis…should make use of the student package if possible esp afternoon session as I think is most worthwhile considering the number of hours given, good to spend an afternoon like that if you are clueless in where to go but of course this applies only if you like singing
What I like: This session is not bad too, not coz of the ying yang balance but because I enjoy the overdose of leehom’s songs…is one of the few sessions that I can request people to sing songs that I really like and some songs really have to be sung by guys coz guys voice is ultimately different from galz as the feeling is v different one…dunno how to describe it but guess those who like singing and listening to music will know what I mean…
Also, the thing that I am really amused about is the fact the it is the FIRST time that I managed to hear a guy singing SHE songs…I was like, wow (claps) for his courage ya…coz the songs chosen are typically not what a guy would choose to sing…
Thursday morning workout at Marina Square Kbox
This one is with my uni kakis..also all galz gang (4 of us)…from 11am to 2pm…well not too bad, but I guess I wasn’t in the best state that day coz I started my morning early…as I went to grandma’s house first before I rushed down to Marina for some vocals workout…so was feeling a bit tired that day…cost around 13bucks each
Suitable for: Kbox Kakis who live in all parts of Singapore as Marina is in the central area so it is the most suitable location esp if you have kakis living in the east and also kakis in the west…. Would recommend morning session to those who enjoy eating the kbox lunch set there….as for me, I would prefer afternoon session rather than morning since I would prefer more singing to having food, lolx
Things I like: More exposure to English songs as one of the kakis specialize in english songs and her voice is really powerful…ask her to sing “beauty and the beast”, it is really good…also my uni mates are very enthusiastic…they can sing w/o e mike ya…u will get influenced by them and I really enjoy the story sharing time too
Party singing session
This is a singing session at a 21st birthday party…meaning we have to bring our own cds to sing…this session is only so-so as the mikes are kind of faulty there and we do not have our own mike…the cds are borrowed from a frenz of mine but I don’t really know most of the songs, haha so I did only some singing…e rest are sung by my uncles and my small cousins…gosh, one hvnt start schooling and one is in primary 2 or 3 but they know how to sing JJ’s songs, wondering what have they been doing at home…though not the ideal kind of singing session, it is at least better than sitting around and eating at the party…lolx, u will never see me eating still coz I need to do something other than just eating…I dunno why but I just can’t stand eating only as I feel it is a total waste of time…
$10 ktv manic
This is the session that I enjoy most…coz it is really cheap and it last from 2 to 7pm….also have most of the songs that I like to sing and for those who are easily thirsty, you will be pleased to know that the drinks here are free flowing…but fewer varieties lar…dun have those milk shake or wat…however if u r gg for student package at kbox, think the drinks are comparable…somemore still gt a small bowl of shark fin soup, which tastes like hot soup…I like it coz gt my favourite mushrooms in it
As for the songs selection, it is similar to kbox too and some of the songs that I cant find in kbox like “hui zhe chi pang de nu hai”, I can find there…so happy….
The $10 bucks is really well spent…also, can adjust the air-con coldness…suitable for me who tend to feel cold easily but yet is scared of hot too….
Reminder: Need to book in advance to get it, for weekdays, at least a week in advance for weekends will be 2weeks in advance but easily to book for bigger groups coz usually the groups are like 4 people and below mar…so the smaller rooms are mostly full….my frenz booked the rooms for 5 people though we have 4 people only coz she wanted the bigger room…..
Charges for weekdays and weekends are as follows:
2-7pm: $10 nett
7pm onwards to around 2am I think: $10 ++
Unlike the other holidays where I had been busy with internships or part-time jobs, this semester is really a long break for me. I went to Taipei with tian, han and szehui for their graduation trip, did driving etc… Other than my routine aerobics, I guess the most leisure time spent apart from slacking, tv-ing and blogging, is on ktv-ing.
In a short 3months span, I have went to ktv-ing for 5 times…supposed to be 6 times but I cancelled one of it….to be exact, the 5 times ktving was done in the last one month of summer vacation…haa, not too sure why but when one people start to ask me out, the outing seems to follow one after another…then when I was seriously clueless what should I do, my phone seems to be “relaxing” as well…
Now let me re-cap on my ktv-ing and some insights of it are as follows:
Friday’s Ladies Night at Clementi Kbox
As per the heading, this session is a all gals gang and the session last from 1930 to 0130…who says we must have guys around to sing duet…haha, not for the case if you have enthusiastic kakis who are willing to sing with you….also that night, it seems that we were mostly singing guys’ songs rather than ladies’ songs…think it is not too bad too…seems like a singing marathon to me coz it is about 6hrs long session whereas normally it is around 5 hrs session and we have only 5 people that day, where one of them had to leave earlier (around 9plus), so the rest will like singing till we like…
It is the first time that I felt that I really have no more energy to continue singing when comes to the last few songs
Suitable for: People who are not on budget as it costs around 30 bucks and not forgetting the taxi fare…a nice chill out alternative to clubbing or pubbing…might be a bit bias coz I never went to club or pub before as I don’t drink or smoke and I don’t know how to dance though I would like to learn how to…
What I like: A night of indulgence of Jacky Cheung and Gary’s songs plus some nice Cantonese songs…it is good to mix with ex-colleagues of different age groups as you can get to know more songs from each other…especially songs of other languages… I would say thumbs up their Cantonese
Afternoon students frenzy at Jurong East Kbox
As for this session, it is at the afternoon from 2pm to 7pm…fully utilized privilege as students as we have the kbox students package which cost around $16bucks each…7 of us in total, 5 venus and 2 mars…
No doubt, we had quite a few duets in this session…though most of the people there are not exactly my close friend…I would say that the session goes on pretty well…seems to remind the 1st time I went ktv with sandy they all…but that time was a bit more scary coz I only know one of them…well this time round is better as tian, my best jie mei, accompany me along…think it is one of the few times that we two will get a chance to really sit back, relax and enjoy singing as she already started working and me too, in a year time, will join her too in this big world outside….meaning the “no life”lifestyle will start…well we requested for 2 more mobile mikes so we will have up to 4people singing at a time depending on the popularity of the song, haa…
Suitable for: Schooling ktv kakis…should make use of the student package if possible esp afternoon session as I think is most worthwhile considering the number of hours given, good to spend an afternoon like that if you are clueless in where to go but of course this applies only if you like singing
What I like: This session is not bad too, not coz of the ying yang balance but because I enjoy the overdose of leehom’s songs…is one of the few sessions that I can request people to sing songs that I really like and some songs really have to be sung by guys coz guys voice is ultimately different from galz as the feeling is v different one…dunno how to describe it but guess those who like singing and listening to music will know what I mean…
Also, the thing that I am really amused about is the fact the it is the FIRST time that I managed to hear a guy singing SHE songs…I was like, wow (claps) for his courage ya…coz the songs chosen are typically not what a guy would choose to sing…
Thursday morning workout at Marina Square Kbox
This one is with my uni kakis..also all galz gang (4 of us)…from 11am to 2pm…well not too bad, but I guess I wasn’t in the best state that day coz I started my morning early…as I went to grandma’s house first before I rushed down to Marina for some vocals workout…so was feeling a bit tired that day…cost around 13bucks each
Suitable for: Kbox Kakis who live in all parts of Singapore as Marina is in the central area so it is the most suitable location esp if you have kakis living in the east and also kakis in the west…. Would recommend morning session to those who enjoy eating the kbox lunch set there….as for me, I would prefer afternoon session rather than morning since I would prefer more singing to having food, lolx
Things I like: More exposure to English songs as one of the kakis specialize in english songs and her voice is really powerful…ask her to sing “beauty and the beast”, it is really good…also my uni mates are very enthusiastic…they can sing w/o e mike ya…u will get influenced by them and I really enjoy the story sharing time too
Party singing session
This is a singing session at a 21st birthday party…meaning we have to bring our own cds to sing…this session is only so-so as the mikes are kind of faulty there and we do not have our own mike…the cds are borrowed from a frenz of mine but I don’t really know most of the songs, haha so I did only some singing…e rest are sung by my uncles and my small cousins…gosh, one hvnt start schooling and one is in primary 2 or 3 but they know how to sing JJ’s songs, wondering what have they been doing at home…though not the ideal kind of singing session, it is at least better than sitting around and eating at the party…lolx, u will never see me eating still coz I need to do something other than just eating…I dunno why but I just can’t stand eating only as I feel it is a total waste of time…
$10 ktv manic
This is the session that I enjoy most…coz it is really cheap and it last from 2 to 7pm….also have most of the songs that I like to sing and for those who are easily thirsty, you will be pleased to know that the drinks here are free flowing…but fewer varieties lar…dun have those milk shake or wat…however if u r gg for student package at kbox, think the drinks are comparable…somemore still gt a small bowl of shark fin soup, which tastes like hot soup…I like it coz gt my favourite mushrooms in it
As for the songs selection, it is similar to kbox too and some of the songs that I cant find in kbox like “hui zhe chi pang de nu hai”, I can find there…so happy….
The $10 bucks is really well spent…also, can adjust the air-con coldness…suitable for me who tend to feel cold easily but yet is scared of hot too….
Reminder: Need to book in advance to get it, for weekdays, at least a week in advance for weekends will be 2weeks in advance but easily to book for bigger groups coz usually the groups are like 4 people and below mar…so the smaller rooms are mostly full….my frenz booked the rooms for 5 people though we have 4 people only coz she wanted the bigger room…..
Charges for weekdays and weekends are as follows:
2-7pm: $10 nett
7pm onwards to around 2am I think: $10 ++
i look upon the moon and stars at Wednesday, August 15, 2007
0 stars were shining bright even without the moon
0 stars were shining bright even without the moon