Friday, 24 August 2007
Updates
My timetable has finalized…im gg to take only 3 modules this sem…one of it which can double count for my tech and finance elective, meaning im left with 3.5 module more nxt sem…this is because im gotten my entrepreneurial finance(EF)…attended wed morning class for EF…initially I thought I would not really enjoy it like others finance modules…but I guess I was wrong, I seems to enjoy it…it is a pity that I am not going to take corporate finance this sem as the two subjects seems to complement each other…
Learn abt some useful knowledge on starting a business…what to look out for etc…really practical knowledge that one have to know and consider before starting up a business…for those who are interested, I would try to post up an entry about it when I revise my notes…useful knowledge + handsome prof will offset the bane about difficult proj rit? Hopefully…coz the project will not be easy to do, but i will overcome it somehow, anyway, prof said that the proj is the part where we will get to learn a lot of skills…application and juz theory…
Oh ya, finance prof seems to like the sub-prime news a lot….my EF prof talk abt it too but partly because it is also related to the module as it affect the mkt which will then be impact-ful on the setting up of a biz….
Though I drop corporate finance in the end, I attended the lesson as well on wed afternoon…rushed straight to the class after EF class…I think I will find it interesting too though some parts of what we are gg to study may be quite hard…dropped it as the lesson which I am going to attend today is gg to b a xiong one, so adding on another finance modules will make my life this sem real miserable…it is juz like committing early suicide…the corporate finance prof unlike my 2 other finance profs, he din mention anything abt the sub-prime news, but he did talk enthusiastically abt his finance research etc….u can literally feel his excitement when he was talking non-stop about it…think he took half the class time telling us abt his research and what we are going to for our proj etc….he even show us the data abt CEO’s turnover- he was doing on some research thingy on it…but in my mind, I was thinking, I am not really into CEO’s turnover, perhaps I would be more interested in auditor’s turnover….
Talking abt auditor, I had been tinking abt my future since weihan talk to me that day during corp finance brk…should I really be an auditor or rather am I suited to be one…I mean I am one who believe in work-life balance but being an auditor seems to go against this belief….he advised me to think carefully abt it…but I am not too sure abt my alternatives….he suggest gg into tax but I cant rem most of the stuff abt tax, nv done b4…in short, I am nt too confident if I will excel in tax line…then I wonder why am I aiming for a CPA when I dun intend to be a partner or some accountant with ridiculously too much liability…I am a risk adverse person ya…dun wan to be charged or wat coz of some negligence or wat…and somemore the liability is endless, meaning compensation can come up to huge amt….
CFA, on the other hand, seems to suits my liking more…at least I can venture into finance sectors…peiyi sd I am suited to go into finance sectors coz of my analytical skills…I like to analyse things but then it is hard, and a totally different ball game frm sch proj…in wrk, esp if ur a consultant or wat, your reputation is v impt…if u fail to analyse correctly, which happens almost all the time, it is hard to survive well in the industry…super competitive lar…SO HOW???
Mayb I should try seeing if MAS gt jobs to suit me more and try to get in there OR wrk in CPF or IRAS…knowing that tian they all r struggling real hard in training at EY doesn’t help…had a weird dream yest abt me doing some audit interviewing w a client which happens to be a frenz I know….i guess I am thinking way too much till the extent that my brain cells refuse to stop wrking even when I am asleep…
Ok, that’s all for now…gg to read the financial times now b4 heading off for strategy class…
Learn abt some useful knowledge on starting a business…what to look out for etc…really practical knowledge that one have to know and consider before starting up a business…for those who are interested, I would try to post up an entry about it when I revise my notes…useful knowledge + handsome prof will offset the bane about difficult proj rit? Hopefully…coz the project will not be easy to do, but i will overcome it somehow, anyway, prof said that the proj is the part where we will get to learn a lot of skills…application and juz theory…
Oh ya, finance prof seems to like the sub-prime news a lot….my EF prof talk abt it too but partly because it is also related to the module as it affect the mkt which will then be impact-ful on the setting up of a biz….
Though I drop corporate finance in the end, I attended the lesson as well on wed afternoon…rushed straight to the class after EF class…I think I will find it interesting too though some parts of what we are gg to study may be quite hard…dropped it as the lesson which I am going to attend today is gg to b a xiong one, so adding on another finance modules will make my life this sem real miserable…it is juz like committing early suicide…the corporate finance prof unlike my 2 other finance profs, he din mention anything abt the sub-prime news, but he did talk enthusiastically abt his finance research etc….u can literally feel his excitement when he was talking non-stop about it…think he took half the class time telling us abt his research and what we are going to for our proj etc….he even show us the data abt CEO’s turnover- he was doing on some research thingy on it…but in my mind, I was thinking, I am not really into CEO’s turnover, perhaps I would be more interested in auditor’s turnover….
Talking abt auditor, I had been tinking abt my future since weihan talk to me that day during corp finance brk…should I really be an auditor or rather am I suited to be one…I mean I am one who believe in work-life balance but being an auditor seems to go against this belief….he advised me to think carefully abt it…but I am not too sure abt my alternatives….he suggest gg into tax but I cant rem most of the stuff abt tax, nv done b4…in short, I am nt too confident if I will excel in tax line…then I wonder why am I aiming for a CPA when I dun intend to be a partner or some accountant with ridiculously too much liability…I am a risk adverse person ya…dun wan to be charged or wat coz of some negligence or wat…and somemore the liability is endless, meaning compensation can come up to huge amt….
CFA, on the other hand, seems to suits my liking more…at least I can venture into finance sectors…peiyi sd I am suited to go into finance sectors coz of my analytical skills…I like to analyse things but then it is hard, and a totally different ball game frm sch proj…in wrk, esp if ur a consultant or wat, your reputation is v impt…if u fail to analyse correctly, which happens almost all the time, it is hard to survive well in the industry…super competitive lar…SO HOW???
Mayb I should try seeing if MAS gt jobs to suit me more and try to get in there OR wrk in CPF or IRAS…knowing that tian they all r struggling real hard in training at EY doesn’t help…had a weird dream yest abt me doing some audit interviewing w a client which happens to be a frenz I know….i guess I am thinking way too much till the extent that my brain cells refuse to stop wrking even when I am asleep…
Ok, that’s all for now…gg to read the financial times now b4 heading off for strategy class…
i look upon the moon and stars at Friday, August 24, 2007
2 stars were shining bright even without the moon
2 stars were shining bright even without the moon