Saturday, 3 May 2008
Living up with expectations
Sometimes I feel that Asian should learn from westerns to be more encouraging instead of putting pple down...was kinda of put down again by my mum when she told my younger bro that people score better for driving as the number of time they took the test increases...dat was referring to me in context...once again, remind me again by my 2rd driving test incident... i honestly, alr tried my best and i really think i am much better...somehow, sometimes my parents seems to sub-consciously classify me as those who excel in absolutely almost everything...dun they realise that this is not possible at all...
At home, I am expected to be the one who passed my exams w flying colours... to know how to network and excel in interviews, to get e best job, to hv e best lobangs, to be the most updated abt news, to be e most resourceful etc etc etc...seriously, I know i cant be dat...although i am a big sister to my younger bro, it doesnt mean i know anything in this world and i m those super duper genius who pass everything on e 1st rd or at least ace it perfectly e 2rd time round...hey i am not born w super duper high IQs k...I am just an avg person who just happens to be more hardwrking than my siblings or some of my peers...this explains for the grades I gt in school...no secret formula, no sheer luck, PERIOD
I wrked hard for everything i do...but sometimes u dun realli reap what u sow...some things juz needs more experience than others...to me, i dun think it is a great deal to fail...rather it is e inability to stand up frm the failure and try again that is shameful...well, cant the world b more encouraging? in this context, cant my mum see that i m alr v pissed n upset over the fact that I dunno e reason why I will fail...does rubbing it in make e situation change? Dun understand...a little more observant and a little more understanding will prob make her understand me a little more, isnt it?
At home, I am expected to be the one who passed my exams w flying colours... to know how to network and excel in interviews, to get e best job, to hv e best lobangs, to be the most updated abt news, to be e most resourceful etc etc etc...seriously, I know i cant be dat...although i am a big sister to my younger bro, it doesnt mean i know anything in this world and i m those super duper genius who pass everything on e 1st rd or at least ace it perfectly e 2rd time round...hey i am not born w super duper high IQs k...I am just an avg person who just happens to be more hardwrking than my siblings or some of my peers...this explains for the grades I gt in school...no secret formula, no sheer luck, PERIOD
I wrked hard for everything i do...but sometimes u dun realli reap what u sow...some things juz needs more experience than others...to me, i dun think it is a great deal to fail...rather it is e inability to stand up frm the failure and try again that is shameful...well, cant the world b more encouraging? in this context, cant my mum see that i m alr v pissed n upset over the fact that I dunno e reason why I will fail...does rubbing it in make e situation change? Dun understand...a little more observant and a little more understanding will prob make her understand me a little more, isnt it?
i look upon the moon and stars at Saturday, May 03, 2008
0 stars were shining bright even without the moon
0 stars were shining bright even without the moon